National Head of Health and Aged Care, Grant Thornton Australia
Passionate about getting health and aging care services right…
With the commitment of our Grant Thornton leadership, I have been tasked with supporting the aged care industry through the transitions and uncertainty brought about by the Royal Commission process and beyond to ensure our clients and friends know that we care about them. Grant Thornton advocates for a sustainable and inclusive industry for consumers and providers through Darrell’s contributions to thought leadership and policy research.
This commitment extends to interconnecting sectors, primary care, acute and sub-acute care, hospitals and health services. Our firm believes in an interconnected health service systems where Australians are treated with kindness, care and compassion… where different jurisdictions, funding sources and health programs are seamless and not impediments to the improvements of inter generational health outcomes.
Strength in facilitating strategic direction setting, decision making, hospital redevelopments, mergers, acquisitions and other transactions across a diverse industry group.
The Capital Model for Age Care Arising Form an Consultation with The Banks, Private Equity and Others
The key considerations for a sustainable capital model for the aged care sector has been developed by leveraging the skills and knowledge of the banking sector, private equity, corporate finance professionals and providers.
The concepts discussed will include
• The current capital invested in the sector
• An high level overview of emerging capital requirements for the foreseeable future, say to 2050
• Areas of government policy that are converging to impact the capacity of the sector to invest
• the characteristics of feasibility studies that lead to confident investments by providers
• The role of debt and equity in investing in facilities and services
• What provides comfort to banks to support participants
• High level market considerations