Aged Care From a Builders Perspective
Friday 14 October 2022
12:00pm – 12:30pm
Manda has been in design and construction for over 10 years and a project leader with TOTAL Care for four years. With qualifications in architecture, as well as significant experience, completing construction projects in live environments, Manda’s focus for the last 6 years has been the refurbishment of aged care homes across NSW.
As a building contractor with a substantial aged care focus, TOTAL will be offering valuable insights into how to remain viable through a competitive market; cost-effective innovations and improvements; architectural upgrades; technology enhancements; dementia-friendly design.
The session will both touch on and unpack aspects including:
- Supply chain volatility and cost increases
- Risks associated with construction
- Refurbishments and upgrades aligned to Standard 5 and best practice accommodation.
- Strategies to deliver a successful refurbishment and upgrade to older buildings
- Emerging Innovations in construction
- Learnings from experience
- Case studies around what Total Care can achieve through refurbishment and the impact this has on consumers to improve their quality of life, and the impact on providers; helping them to remain compliant.
● Hall & Prior Georges Estate Fitout
● Alexander Aged Care Brookvale
● Minchinbury Manor
Hear from Industry expert Manda Kempthorne on successfully planning and executing refurbishment and upgrades that deliver both an environment conducive to providing safe and quality care and a sustainable future.